- Gatwick Train Guide
Gatwick to Heathrow by trainThere is no direct connections from Gatwick to Heathrow by train. However you can choose one of the 5 following options:
1. You can take the Southern Railways service from Gatwick Station which is located under the South Terminal and arrive to London Victoria. Walk to the tube (London's underground service) and take the Circle line into London Paddington Station. After that you take the Heathrow Express service to arrive to Heathrow airport.This journey lasts aproximately 85 minutes and costs around £25.50.
2. This option is similar to the first one but instead of taking the Heathrow Express from London Victoria, you can choose the Heathrow Connect service. The journey time in this case is around 93 minutes and costs slightly cheaper at £20.50
3. Same as option 1 but instead of taking the Southern Railways you take the National Express service. That saves around 10 minutes but adds £7.
4. Take the Gatwick Express to London Victoria. Walk to the tube and take the District line into Hammersmith Station. Switch to the Piccadilly Line and take the tube out to Heathrow. That journey lasts around 93 minutes and costs £18.50 . Please be careful regarding this option since London underground is known to stop several times during the day.
5. As option 4 but instead of using Gatwick Express, take the Southern service. This is the cheapest journey. It costs £13.90 and adds 3-10 minutes option's 4 time.
You can view here the Tube Fares .
Services that call at Gatwick Airport station:
SouthernNorthbound trains run to London Victoria via East Croydon and Clapham Junction, and to London Bridge via East Croydon.Southbound services run to Brighton, Eastbourne, Portsmouth and Southampton.
Route to Victoria:Three Bridges > Gatwick Airport >Redhill > East Croydon > Clapham Junction > Watford Junction > London Bridge > London Victoria
The journey takes an average of 35 (33-42 minutes) minutes and tickets are around £9.50 for an adult single. The service runs at 15 minutes intervals connecting out to London Victoria. Hourly service at night. From 01.05 till 23.53 Monday to Saturday and 01.20 till 23.47 on Sunday.
To South London, West London, North London and Watford: Gatwick Airport > Clapham Junction > Imperial Wharf > West Brompton > Kensington Olympia > Willesden Junction > Wembley Central > Harrow and Wealdstone > Watford Junction Time for full journey is around 70 minutes at a cost from around £10.70.
SoutheasternTrains run to Redhill, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
First Capital ConnectTrains run every 15 minutes to Brighton (via Mid Sussex) and to Bedford via East Croydon, London Bridge, St Pancras International and Luton. There are services to King's Lynn, Peterborough and Cambridge from St Pancras International. Trains run up to every 15 minutes at peak during the day. First train 02.30, last train 00.15.Time to St Pancras is about 50 minutes at a cost from around £9
First Great WesternServices run to Redhill, Guilford and Reading.